Two dead, 13 injured in explosion at Surabaya’s Santa Maria church
The Jakarta Post
An explosion at Santa Maria Tak Bercela (SMTB) Church on Jl. Ngagel in Gubeng on Sunday reportedly claimed two lives and injured at least 13 people.
“One victim was a member of the church’s congregation and the other one was the perpetrator. It was a suicide bombing,” East Java Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Frans Barung Mangera said at the scene, kompas.com reports.
Victims have been taken to Soetomo Hospital and Bhayangkara Ngagel Hospital.
East Java Police have deployed personnel to safeguard the area, including members of the Mobile Brigade and bomb squad.
Police say at least three churches were hit with bomb attacks in Surabaya, including SMTB, on Sunday morning. (vla)
- Tourists cause human traffic jam at Mt. Fuji
- Women accused of assassinating Kim Jong Nam face key court ruling
- Venezuelan general, colonel arrested over 'attack' on Maduro
- Prosecutors demand 1.5 years for Buddhist woman on ‘azan’ blasphemy charge
- Malaysia to alter 'hideous' tourism logo featuring ape in shades
- US believes missing journalist Tice still alive after six years
- Saudi state carrier hit by system failure ahead of haj
- Congresswoman-elect kidnapped in Mexico: Official
- Indonesian academics can now access e-journal databases worth $1m for free
- Asian Games torch relay route in Jakarta