Two dead, 13 injured in explosion at Surabaya’s Santa Maria church
The Jakarta Post
An explosion at Santa Maria Tak Bercela (SMTB) Church on Jl. Ngagel in Gubeng on Sunday reportedly claimed two lives and injured at least 13 people.
“One victim was a member of the church’s congregation and the other one was the perpetrator. It was a suicide bombing,” East Java Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Frans Barung Mangera said at the scene, kompas.com reports.
Victims have been taken to Soetomo Hospital and Bhayangkara Ngagel Hospital.
East Java Police have deployed personnel to safeguard the area, including members of the Mobile Brigade and bomb squad.
Police say at least three churches were hit with bomb attacks in Surabaya, including SMTB, on Sunday morning. (vla)
- Planning to travel this Ramadhan? Try these Muslim
- Dugong sellers thwarted in West Sulawesi
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- Malaysian playboy financier in cross
- Japan keeps word, gifts Akita dog to Russian skater Zagitova
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- Teen suspect killed 6
- New lava flow crosses onto Hawaii geothermal plant property
- Rainbow flags and high heels: S. Korea holds debut drag parade