Two dead, 13 injured in explosion at Surabaya’s Santa Maria church
The Jakarta Post
An explosion at Santa Maria Tak Bercela (SMTB) Church on Jl. Ngagel in Gubeng on Sunday reportedly claimed two lives and injured at least 13 people.
“One victim was a member of the church’s congregation and the other one was the perpetrator. It was a suicide bombing,” East Java Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Frans Barung Mangera said at the scene, kompas.com reports.
Victims have been taken to Soetomo Hospital and Bhayangkara Ngagel Hospital.
East Java Police have deployed personnel to safeguard the area, including members of the Mobile Brigade and bomb squad.
Police say at least three churches were hit with bomb attacks in Surabaya, including SMTB, on Sunday morning. (vla)
- Seoul Fashion Week ready for kickoff
- Movie star Chow Yun-fat to give entire fortune to charity
- Lippo Group executive arrested in Meikarta bribery case
- Washington diocese names 31 former clergy accused of abuse
- Man arrested for buying baby via Instagram
- NTT to move immigrants to island near Australia
- Indonesia warns against Australia’s possible embassy move to Jerusalem
- The warning signs get stronger
- Microsoft co-founder, investor, philanthropist Allen dead at 65
- Police on high alert ahead of Indian temple opening to women