BREAKING: Another bomb attack hits Surabaya Police HQ
The Jakarta Post
A bomb attack has been reported at Surabaya Police headquarters on Monday morning, just a few hours after a bomb prematurely went off in Sidoarjo, East Java, late on Sunday and bomb attacks on three churches in the city earlier in the day.
East Java Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Frans Barung Mangera confirmed the attack on the police headquarters.
The attack took place at the entrance of the headquarters on Jl. Sikatan at 8:50 a.m.
Frans said four police officers and six civilians were injured in the attack.Read also: [UPDATED] Surabaya church bombings: What we know so far
However, he did not disclose the number of fatalities in the attack, which appears to be a suicide bombing.
CCTV video footage circulating of the attack shows that the source of the explosion came from a motorcycle. Eyewitnesses said a man rode the motorcycle along with a woman and child sitting on the passenger seat.
Meanwhile, East Java Police have found a connection between the church bombings and Sidoarjo bombing.
“Similar types of explosives were used,” Frans said.
Both the Surabaya church bombings and Sidoarjo bomb explosion also involved family members, Frans said. (dmr)
Updated with correct number of victims at 11:30 a.m.
- Women accused of assassinating Kim Jong Nam face key court ruling
- Tourists cause human traffic jam at Mt. Fuji
- Venezuelan general, colonel arrested over 'attack' on Maduro
- Prosecutors demand 1.5 years for Buddhist woman on ‘azan’ blasphemy charge
- Indonesian academics can now access e-journal databases worth $1m for free
- Malaysia to alter 'hideous' tourism logo featuring ape in shades
- 'Monster Hunter' on hold as China hits pause on new video games
- Saudi state carrier hit by system failure ahead of haj
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- US believes missing journalist Tice still alive after six years