Four suspects shot dead in Riau police attack, one officer dies
The Jakarta Post
National Police spokesperson Insp. Gen. Setyo Wasisto said in a press conference on Wednesday that four suspects were shot dead after their attack at the Riau Police headquarters in Pekanbaru.
One officer, Second Insp. Auzar, died after the suspects' Toyota Avanza allegedly hit him in the attempt to flee the scene. The driver of the car was later arrested and detained at the Pekanbaru Police precinct, Setyo said.
Riau Police chief Insp. Gen. Nandang said in an interview with tvOne that four of the attackers wielded sharp swords. Two police officers, Comr. Faridz and Brig. Jon Hendrik, reportedly suffered slash wounds from a sword attack.
During the suspect's alleged attempt to flee the scene by car, two journalists were also hit, one from tvOne and another from MNCTV. The two journalists suffered injuries and are being treated at a police hospital. (evi)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Real Crazy Rich Asian wedding to cost $100 million
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- 21 tons of trash flows into Jakarta Bay daily: Researcher
- Indonesia launches One Map Policy to resolve land conflicts
- Wika announces development contracts in 10 countries
- Shopee BLACKPINK commercial too salacious, KPI says