Four suspects shot dead in Riau police attack, one officer dies
The Jakarta Post
National Police spokesperson Insp. Gen. Setyo Wasisto said in a press conference on Wednesday that four suspects were shot dead after their attack at the Riau Police headquarters in Pekanbaru.
One officer, Second Insp. Auzar, died after the suspects' Toyota Avanza allegedly hit him in the attempt to flee the scene. The driver of the car was later arrested and detained at the Pekanbaru Police precinct, Setyo said.
Riau Police chief Insp. Gen. Nandang said in an interview with tvOne that four of the attackers wielded sharp swords. Two police officers, Comr. Faridz and Brig. Jon Hendrik, reportedly suffered slash wounds from a sword attack.
During the suspect's alleged attempt to flee the scene by car, two journalists were also hit, one from tvOne and another from MNCTV. The two journalists suffered injuries and are being treated at a police hospital. (evi)
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- US court rules for Colorado 'intersex' veteran denied passport
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations
- Creator of 3-D printed guns flies to Taiwan amid US sex assault accusation
- Balinale set to return with award-winning movies, guests
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Groups welcome Jokowi’s palm plantation moratorium
- Tourism Ministry declares five dishes national food