BREAKING: Riau Police HQ attacked by five men
The Jakarta Post
Five men attacked the Riau Police headquarters on Jl. Jenderal Sudirman in Pekanbaru on Wednesday at around 9 a.m. They carried sharp weapons and firearms.
Doddy Vladimir, a journalist of Tribun Pekanbaru, said he saw a white Toyota Avanza van hit the headquarter’s fences at around 9 a.m.
“It was really quick. People wearing masks alighted from a van and stabbed a police officer nearby,” Doddy said as quoted by tribunnews.com.
The police shot two of them, Doddy said.
Tribunnews.com reported a TV journalist, not yet identified at the time of writing, suffered some wounds because he was near the fences for a news release on drugs at the police headquarters. (evi)
Editor's note: An earlier version of this article stated that at least three men had attacked the Riau Police headquarters. Police updates have stated that there were five attackers, and that four were shot dead at the scene. The alleged driver fled but was later arrested by the Riau Police.
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- JT610 victim's bride takes wedding photo shoot without groom
- Government to issue new regulation on coal permits
- Indonesia to free Bali Nine drug smuggler Lawrence: Official
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- Garuda to reopen Jakarta-London route
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire