BREAKING: Riau Police HQ attacked by five men
The Jakarta Post
Five men attacked the Riau Police headquarters on Jl. Jenderal Sudirman in Pekanbaru on Wednesday at around 9 a.m. They carried sharp weapons and firearms.
Doddy Vladimir, a journalist of Tribun Pekanbaru, said he saw a white Toyota Avanza van hit the headquarter’s fences at around 9 a.m.
“It was really quick. People wearing masks alighted from a van and stabbed a police officer nearby,” Doddy said as quoted by tribunnews.com.
The police shot two of them, Doddy said.
Tribunnews.com reported a TV journalist, not yet identified at the time of writing, suffered some wounds because he was near the fences for a news release on drugs at the police headquarters. (evi)
Editor's note: An earlier version of this article stated that at least three men had attacked the Riau Police headquarters. Police updates have stated that there were five attackers, and that four were shot dead at the scene. The alleged driver fled but was later arrested by the Riau Police.
- Trump's trip to Europe: Top five highlights
- Microsoft urges regulation of face-recognizing tech
- Densus 88 shoot dead three alleged terrorists in Yogyakarta
- Learning from France’s multiculturalism, World Cup run
- Local residents slaughter 292 crocodiles in Sorong farm
- Indonesia among world’s less stressed countries
- Saudi woman could be jailed for hugging pop star
- Third coalition at stake after Muhaimin's maneuver
- Tokyo’s reign as world’s largest city fades
- Airbus near blockbuster $23 billion jet sale to AirAsia