BREAKING: Riau Police HQ attacked by five men
The Jakarta Post
Five men attacked the Riau Police headquarters on Jl. Jenderal Sudirman in Pekanbaru on Wednesday at around 9 a.m. They carried sharp weapons and firearms.
Doddy Vladimir, a journalist of Tribun Pekanbaru, said he saw a white Toyota Avanza van hit the headquarter’s fences at around 9 a.m.
“It was really quick. People wearing masks alighted from a van and stabbed a police officer nearby,” Doddy said as quoted by tribunnews.com.
The police shot two of them, Doddy said.
Tribunnews.com reported a TV journalist, not yet identified at the time of writing, suffered some wounds because he was near the fences for a news release on drugs at the police headquarters. (evi)
Editor's note: An earlier version of this article stated that at least three men had attacked the Riau Police headquarters. Police updates have stated that there were five attackers, and that four were shot dead at the scene. The alleged driver fled but was later arrested by the Riau Police.
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- Flights not yet affected by Mt. Anak Krakatau eruption, authorities say
- Brotherhood chief, 65 others get life for Egypt attack
- Journalist murdered in Mexico, ninth of 2018
- Trump's tariffs on $200b of Chinese imports kick in
- Supreme Court pick's accuser agrees to testify Thursday
- Nike-Kaepernick: A marriage of ideals?