Riau Police succeeded in stopping attack: National Police
The Jakarta Post
The Riau Police succeeded on Wednesday in stopping an attempted terrorist attack on their headquarters in Pekanbaru, the National Police have announced.
“Four suspects were killed by police personnel during the attack. One ran away but was later captured and taken to the Pekanbaru Police headquarters. This is a great achievement for the Riau Police,” National Police spokesman Insp. Gen. Setyo Wasisto said in a press briefing in Jakarta.
The Riau provincial administration is broadcasting live footage (https://streaming.riau.go.id) of the latest situation at the scene to show counterterrorism unit Densus 88 personnel safeguarding the area.
Several masked men attacked the Riau Police headquarters at around 9 a.m. on Wednesday with sharp weapons and firearms, killing one police officer and injuring another.
TVOne journalist Rian Rahman, who was at the scene waiting for updates on a drug-related case, was also injured. (evi)
- Japan to offer e-visa to tourists starting April 2020
- Meikarta graft case: KPK searches residence of Lippo Group CEO James Riady
- Arsonist sentenced to 24 years for Texas mosque burning
- Latest list of Michelin stars in Seoul released
- Indonesia’s competitiveness improves, but still well below Singapore, Malaysia
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teen arrested for alleged rape of young earthquake survivor
- Indonesian religious minister denounces LGBT, but calls for people’s empathy
- Rupiah projected at Rp 15,000 per US dollar in 2019 state budget
- BTS renews contract with Big Hit Entertainment