Riau Police succeeded in stopping attack: National Police
The Jakarta Post
The Riau Police succeeded on Wednesday in stopping an attempted terrorist attack on their headquarters in Pekanbaru, the National Police have announced.
“Four suspects were killed by police personnel during the attack. One ran away but was later captured and taken to the Pekanbaru Police headquarters. This is a great achievement for the Riau Police,” National Police spokesman Insp. Gen. Setyo Wasisto said in a press briefing in Jakarta.
The Riau provincial administration is broadcasting live footage (https://streaming.riau.go.id) of the latest situation at the scene to show counterterrorism unit Densus 88 personnel safeguarding the area.
Several masked men attacked the Riau Police headquarters at around 9 a.m. on Wednesday with sharp weapons and firearms, killing one police officer and injuring another.
TVOne journalist Rian Rahman, who was at the scene waiting for updates on a drug-related case, was also injured. (evi)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Real Crazy Rich Asian wedding to cost $100 million
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- 21 tons of trash flows into Jakarta Bay daily: Researcher
- Indonesia launches One Map Policy to resolve land conflicts
- Wika announces development contracts in 10 countries
- Shopee BLACKPINK commercial too salacious, KPI says