Taking action to preserve Javanese language
A. Kurniawan Ulung
Javanese guardian: Wikipédia Jawa community founders Nur Rahmi, Cahyo Ramadhani and Danang Tri Hartanto. (Courtesy of A. Kurniawan Ulung)A youth community in Yogyakarta and a single mother in Jember in East Java have taken different approaches to expressing their love for Javanese culture.
When cycling around Yogyakarta, the beating heart of Javanese culture, Cahyo Ramadhani cringes...
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech
- Women accused of assassinating Kim Jong Nam face key court ruling
- What’s in store for final installment of BTS ‘Love Yourself’ saga
- 'Monster Hunter' on hold as China hits pause on new video games
- Coal production at 37.11 percent of full-year target
- Remote China glacial lake bursts, no casualties
- Indonesian academics can now access e-journal databases worth $1m for free
- Indonesia considers reducing imports of 500 consumer goods
- Venezuelan general, colonel arrested over 'attack' on Maduro