Taking action to preserve Javanese language
A. Kurniawan Ulung
Javanese guardian: Wikipédia Jawa community founders Nur Rahmi, Cahyo Ramadhani and Danang Tri Hartanto. (Courtesy of A. Kurniawan Ulung)A youth community in Yogyakarta and a single mother in Jember in East Java have taken different approaches to expressing their love for Javanese culture.
When cycling around Yogyakarta, the beating heart of Javanese culture, Cahyo Ramadhani cringes...
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Saudis detain women's advocates ahead of driving ban lift
- Homes in East Lombok attacked, Ahmadis take refuge at police HQ
- Boy who could not wait for new phone burns down family's house
- Cuba confirms 110 killed in country's deadliest plane crash since 1989
- After 20 years, tough road ahead
- UGM launches app to help you help disaster victims