Teenager arrested for threatening to shoot Jokowi in viral video
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Police have arrested a 16-year-old boy who threatened to shoot President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo in a video that has gone viral.
While holding up a picture of Jokowi, the shirtless teenager, identified only as S, ranted about Jokowi and said he would not only shoot but also shackle Jokowi and burn down the President’s house in a 19-second video.
The teenager then challenged the President to find him in 24 hours.
Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Argo Yuwono said S was arrested at his house in Kembangan, West Jakarta, on Wednesday.
“The teen is accompanied by his parents because of his age,” Argo added as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com on Wednesday. (cal/ahw)
- Local residents slaughter 292 crocodiles in Sorong farm
- Indonesia among world’s less stressed countries
- Government oversells PT Freeport Indonesia agreement
- Third coalition at stake after Muhaimin's maneuver
- Densus 88 shoot dead three alleged terrorists in Yogyakarta
- Trump's trip to Europe: Top five highlights
- Saudi woman could be jailed for hugging pop star
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- A guide to understanding the Freeport divestment deal
- KPK raids PLN president director's house in Jakarta