Betawi forum denies requesting Idul Fitri donations
The Jakarta Post
A top leader of the Betawi Brotherhood Forum (FBR) has denied that the group made demands for Idul Fitri donations from residents, despite a letter with its stamp having been widely circulated online.
FBR North Jakarta branch coordinator Yusriah Dzinun claimed that he knew nothing about the letter.
"Not at all. I have never issued such a letter. I have no clue and i will ask other members about it," he told kompas.com on Saturday, adding that there was no such instruction from the organization to ask for donations from residents.
The letter was widely circulated on WhatsApp. It demanded that residents of Kelapa Gading in North Jakarta donate money for Idul Fitri. (Fac)
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- Lion Air: a deadly crash and a whole lot of questions for Boeing
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Palm oil waste-fueled generators produce electricity in Kutai
- Indonesia records US$1.82 billion trade deficit in October