Betawi forum denies requesting Idul Fitri donations
The Jakarta Post
A top leader of the Betawi Brotherhood Forum (FBR) has denied that the group made demands for Idul Fitri donations from residents, despite a letter with its stamp having been widely circulated online.
FBR North Jakarta branch coordinator Yusriah Dzinun claimed that he knew nothing about the letter.
"Not at all. I have never issued such a letter. I have no clue and i will ask other members about it," he told kompas.com on Saturday, adding that there was no such instruction from the organization to ask for donations from residents.
The letter was widely circulated on WhatsApp. It demanded that residents of Kelapa Gading in North Jakarta donate money for Idul Fitri. (Fac)
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Instagram co-founders step down from company: NYT
- China says can't hold US trade talks with 'knife to the throat'
- K-Pop stars BTS at UN urge world's youth to 'just speak yourself'
- 'Scandal' website portrays Sandiaga Uno as womanizer
- Iran in the spotlight as Trump, Rouhani set for UN clash
- The Indonesian kid who stirs the Hollywood Bowl: Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Transjakarta bus crashes to avoid hitting street sweeper