Teenager nabbed for allegedly stealing suitcases at Soekarno-Hatta airport
The Jakarta Post
Soekarno-Hatta International Airport Police have arrested a teenager who allegedly stole suitcases from passengers.
“Yes, the information is right,” airport police chief Adj. Sr. Comr. Viktor Togi Tambunan confirmed on Sunday, kompas.com reported.
“We’ve arrested the perpetrator and confiscated 10 suitcases as evidence. He is 15 years old and lives in Tangerang,” he added.
The perpetrator, Togi said, would be charged under Law No. 11/2012 on juvenile crimes, which carries a maximum punishment of seven years in prison.
Previously, a Garuda Indonesia passenger, who wished to remain anonymous, said on May 12 that his suitcase had been stolen while he was waiting at the airport’s Terminal 3 baggage reclaim area. The incident took place at around 7 p.m. when he arrived from Bali.
“Of the three suitcases I had, I could only find one of them. I reported it to the airport’s baggage service but they also failed to find my suitcases,” the passenger said in a statement. (vla)
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Palm oil waste-fueled generators produce electricity in Kutai
- Semen Indonesia acquires Holcim Indonesia
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Bank Indonesia hikes rate to 6 percent
- Next US House foreign affairs chief vows to check Trump, warns Russia
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Lion Air passengers change planes because of broken AC