Teenager nabbed for allegedly stealing suitcases at Soekarno-Hatta airport
The Jakarta Post
Soekarno-Hatta International Airport Police have arrested a teenager who allegedly stole suitcases from passengers.
“Yes, the information is right,” airport police chief Adj. Sr. Comr. Viktor Togi Tambunan confirmed on Sunday, kompas.com reported.
“We’ve arrested the perpetrator and confiscated 10 suitcases as evidence. He is 15 years old and lives in Tangerang,” he added.
The perpetrator, Togi said, would be charged under Law No. 11/2012 on juvenile crimes, which carries a maximum punishment of seven years in prison.
Previously, a Garuda Indonesia passenger, who wished to remain anonymous, said on May 12 that his suitcase had been stolen while he was waiting at the airport’s Terminal 3 baggage reclaim area. The incident took place at around 7 p.m. when he arrived from Bali.
“Of the three suitcases I had, I could only find one of them. I reported it to the airport’s baggage service but they also failed to find my suitcases,” the passenger said in a statement. (vla)
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Instagram co-founders step down from company: NYT
- K-Pop stars BTS at UN urge world's youth to 'just speak yourself'
- China says can't hold US trade talks with 'knife to the throat'
- 'Scandal' website portrays Sandiaga Uno as womanizer
- Medan police officer imprisoned for shredding Quran
- The Indonesian kid who stirs the Hollywood Bowl: Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja
- New Zealand PM makes UN history with first baby
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world