Man tied up, robbed in hotel room in South Jakarta
Adisti Sukma Sawitri
The Jakarta Post
Fauzi Firdaus, 31, was locked in a hotel room in Kuningan, South Jakarta, for hours by a couple who pretended that they wanted to buy a scooter that he had advertised on Instagram.
On Wednesday, South Jakarta crime division chief Adj. Sr. Comr. Stefanus Michael Tamuntuan said Fauzi’s ordeal began after he advertised his Vespa on Instagram on Friday evening.
"The alleged perpetrators saw the post and contacted the victim and made an appointment to see him at the Rasuna Icon hotel, where they stayed," Stefanus said as quoted by tribunnews.com.
After entering the room, Fauzi was allegedly threatened with a sharp weapon and tied up.
After more than 10 hours, he was untied and the alleged perpetrators asked him to hand over his ATM card and password.
After allegedly taking Fauzi’s money, the two left the hotel.
The victim then reported the case to the South Jakarta Police.
After conducting an investigation and checking the hotel's CCTV cameras, the police found out the name of the man who had reserved the hotel room.
Both alleged perpetrators have been arrested. (fac/wit)
- US man charged with killing pregnant wife and two toddlers
- US threatens more Turkey sanctions if pastor not freed
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program
- President, first lady celebrate Sumatran culture on Independence Day
- Canadian killed, American wounded in Mexico shooting
- Yazidi 'ex-sex slave' trapped both in Iraq and in German exile
- Pilgrims descend on Mecca for 'smart haj'
- Chinese plane slides off Manila airport runway in heavy rain
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world