Websites provided to monitor Idul Fitri traffic congestion
The Jakarta Post
Idul Fitri mudik (exodus) travelers are now able to monitor real-time traffic conditions through a website developed by the Transportation Ministry.
The website, called the Road Transport and Traffic Management Center (RTTMC), can be accessed at rttmc.dephub.go.id. The website will take its real-time traffic information from CCTV cameras installed on 40 major routes across Java Island, such as the Jakarta-Cikampek toll road, the Kanci toll gateway and Nagreg ring road.
Presidential Chief of Staff Gen. (ret.) Moeldoko said travelers needed to watch out for traffic congestion on major routes, such as Java's northern and southern coastal highway (Pantura and Pansela), Kali Kuto curve bridge in Batang Regency, Central Java, as well as a number of toll roads that will provide both operational and functional services.
Moeldoko said the Office of the Presidential Chief of Staff (KSP) had launched a website to provide information regarding the Idul Fitri exodus from various institutions. Travelers can access the website at infomudik.go.id.
“All information regarding the [Idul Fitri] mudik is available on the website. We also cooperated with Google for the website. Those who want to learn about the [mudik] route conditions can use the web to seek information,” he said on Tuesday as quoted by tempo.co. (dpk/ebf)
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- India launches 'Modicare', world's biggest health scheme
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- China's bullet trains are coming for Hong Kong's airlines
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- Attempt to send underage prostitutes to Bali ends at airport: Police
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Top Muhammadiyah figure resigns as Jokowi’s special envoy