MRT construction nearly complete, developer says
The Jakarta Post
Construction of the MRT in Jakarta is 94.2 percent complete, with a rolling stock trial run slated for December, PT MRT Indonesia president director William P. Sabandar said in Jakarta on Monday
“We are on time and the commercial operation will be held in March 2019,” William said while accompanying Coordinating Economic Minister Darmin Nasution in his visit to the MRT project, kontan.co.id reported.
He said two trains, each of which consisted of six cars, had arrived from Japan and that other trains were expected to arrive in December, when a trial run would be held without passengers.
He said the two currently available trains would head from Lebak Bulus in South Jakarta to the Hotel Indonesia traffic circle in Central Jakarta to test the entire MRT system.
The MRT had already been powered with electricity, William said, adding that the railway signaling system, which was vital for the entire system, was currently being installed.
“We have started to install the signaling system. As you can see, the railway tracks have already been installed, while in August, we will place the trains on the tracks,” he said.
A total of 16 trains and 96 train cars will operate along the MRT network. (bbn)
- Prosecutors demand 1.5 years for Buddhist woman on ‘azan’ blasphemy charge
- Malaysia to alter 'hideous' tourism logo featuring ape in shades
- Sony's new super-fast cameras are winning over the pros
- Iran unveils next generation missile: Media
- School boy, 14, runs for Vermont governor
- China designs spacecraft to extend lifespan of satellites
- Former S. Korea presidential hopeful acquitted in sex abuse case
- Protests at funeral for Yemeni children killed in coalition strike
- Defending territorial integrity over Natuna islands
- Fire razes Gurusina traditional village in East Nusa Tenggara