Idul Fitri and its message of humanity
Idul Fitri literally means no longer fasting — the return to normal days. Ramadhan is akin to the mythic Kawah Candradimuka — the mental and physical training ground of wayang (Javanese puppet show) hero Gatotkaca. Idul Fitri marks the first day of the other 11 months in which we apply all we have trained for on a daily basis.
It is less our day of vindication than the beginning of our...
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Tourism's fatal warning
- Indonesia lists 180 missing on doomed ferry, launches underwater search
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Indonesia takes a bite out of food waste one wedding at a time
- Search on for dozens missing in Indonesia ferry sinking
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- Taliban kill 30 soldiers in first major attack since ceasefire, governor says