Jakarta Outer Ring Road to integrate payments
The Jakarta Post
The Indonesia Toll Road Authority (BPJT) will integrate the payment system of the Jakarta Outer Ring Road (JORR) starting on June 20, as the payment is currently processed by each individual operator of the toll road section.
The policy is expected to help smooth traffic flows along the toll roads because of the lack of barriers for motorists.
BPJT head Herry Trisaputra Zuna said the policy would reduce the revenue of the Toll Road Business Agency, but there will also be benefits, such as greater efficiency.
“Previously, we put up barriers to mark the ownership of each toll road section. With the removal of the barriers, users can drive more smoothly. The transaction process becomes simpler,” Herry said in Jakarta on Monday as reported by kontan.co.id.
Under the new policy, Group I (car) users, who pass through toll road sections JORR W1, JORR W2U, W2S, S, E1, E2 and E3 (access to Tanjung Priok from Ulujami-Pondok Aren) are charged Rp 15,000 (US$1.07), while Group II and III (trucks and bus) users pay Rp 22,500, while the largest vehicles (Group IV and V) pay Rp 30,000.
State-owned toll road operator PT Jasa Marga corporate communications official Dwimawan Heru said the company would soon eliminate all unnecessary toll gates, but for the time being the gates were not used.
He added from a business point of view, the company would collect less revenue, but the policy would help customers in passing through the JORR smoothly. (bbn)
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- No nutrients lost in rendang despite long cooking period, research says
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Basarnas ends search for Lion Air crash victims
- Bali authority denies report on JE viral infection outbreak
- Anti-LGBT sentiment rises ahead of elections
- Lion Air crash: 'I’m sure dad could swim his way out and survive the crash'
- When Jokowi’s ‘other women’ let their hair down
- Singapore Airlines to move to Soekarno-Hatta airport Terminal 3
- 5 ways to increase your lung capacity