Pertamina records significant surge in Pertamax consumption
Stefanno Reinard Sulaiman
The Jakarta Post
State-owned oil and gas company Pertamina has said supply of Pertamax brand gasoline with research octane number (RON) 92 increased by 45 percent, days ahead of the Idul Fitri holiday, marked by mudik (exodus).
“Our observation from the fields showed that the surge was because most vehicle owners tended to choose high-quality gasoline to maintain the performance of their car in their mudik,” said Pertamina spokesperson Adiatma Sardjito in Jakarta on Tuesday.
As of Tuesday, the supply of Pertamax had reached 25.8 million liters per day, whilst in the other days, the Pertamax's supply stands at 17.8 million liters per day. Meanwhile, the national stock for Pertamax is at 364 million liters, or enough supply for daily consumption for 20 days.
“The increase of Pertamax consumption indicates the awareness of consumers to use high-quality fuel to maintain the performance of their vehicles’ engines during their long trips,” said Adiatma.
Previously, state-owned toll road operator PT Jasa Marga estimated that 1.4 million had left Jakarta since last week, heading to cities and regencies in West Java, Central Java, Yogyakarta and East Jakarta, as well as those, crossing the Sunda Strait to Sumatra.
PT Jasa Marga spokesman Dwimawan Heru said the number of vehicles increased by 3 percent compared to the figure in Idul Fitri in 2017. (bbn)
- West Jakarta early childhood school dismantled in front of students
- Indonesia attracts buyers at Hamburg COTECA trade expo
- Saudi Arabia's foreign minister to visit Indonesia
- In China's Catholic heartland, Vatican deal brings Communist Party closer
- Meikarta graft case: KPK searches residence of Lippo Group CEO James Riady
- The other side of Korea: Art, food and history
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- FBI leaker jailed for four years
- Saudi Arabia admits Khashoggi killed in Istanbul consulate
- Trump says Saudi journalist likely dead, warns of 'severe' response