Pertamina records significant surge in Pertamax consumption
Stefanno Reinard Sulaiman
The Jakarta Post
State-owned oil and gas company Pertamina has said supply of Pertamax brand gasoline with research octane number (RON) 92 increased by 45 percent, days ahead of the Idul Fitri holiday, marked by mudik (exodus).
“Our observation from the fields showed that the surge was because most vehicle owners tended to choose high-quality gasoline to maintain the performance of their car in their mudik,” said Pertamina spokesperson Adiatma Sardjito in Jakarta on Tuesday.
As of Tuesday, the supply of Pertamax had reached 25.8 million liters per day, whilst in the other days, the Pertamax's supply stands at 17.8 million liters per day. Meanwhile, the national stock for Pertamax is at 364 million liters, or enough supply for daily consumption for 20 days.
“The increase of Pertamax consumption indicates the awareness of consumers to use high-quality fuel to maintain the performance of their vehicles’ engines during their long trips,” said Adiatma.
Previously, state-owned toll road operator PT Jasa Marga estimated that 1.4 million had left Jakarta since last week, heading to cities and regencies in West Java, Central Java, Yogyakarta and East Jakarta, as well as those, crossing the Sunda Strait to Sumatra.
PT Jasa Marga spokesman Dwimawan Heru said the number of vehicles increased by 3 percent compared to the figure in Idul Fitri in 2017. (bbn)
- Muslim couple denied Swiss citizenship over handshake refusal
- US man charged with killing pregnant wife and two toddlers
- President, first lady celebrate Sumatran culture on Independence Day
- Google launches special features for Asian Games 2018
- Cricket hero Imran Khan sworn in as Pakistan PM
- National Folk Museum of Korea to bring ‘mobile museums’ to Asian Games
- US threatens more Turkey sanctions if pastor not freed
- Jokowi opens Asian Games in dazzling ceremony
- Asian Games: Japanese athletes, officials comfortable staying in athletes villag...
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program