Teenager allegedly assaulted at knifepoint in South Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
A 15-year-old girl was allegedly assaulted by her own neighbor as she minded her parents' store in Mampang, South Jakarta, on Tuesday.
The girl was reportedly molested by her middle-aged neighbor at knifepoint, said South Jakarta Police criminal investigation unit chief Adj. Sr. Comr. Stefanus Tamuntuan in a statement made to kompas.com.
He said the incident occurred while the perpetrator was buying cigarettes at the grocery store owned by the girl’s parents, which was open during sahur (predawn meal).
Stefanus said the girl was asked to retrieve a drink by the perpetrator, who then followed her and threatened her with a knife.
South Jakarta Police chief Sr. Comr. Indra Jafar said: “Her parents have filed a report with the police for sexual harassment, allegedly committed by their neighbor.
“While the perpetrator committed the crime, the victim did not dare to shout because of the knife.” said Stefanus, adding: “We have interrogated the parents and the victim.”
He said the perpetrator was now at large. (acr)
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Tourism's fatal warning
- Indonesia lists 180 missing on doomed ferry, launches underwater search
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Indonesia takes a bite out of food waste one wedding at a time
- Search on for dozens missing in Indonesia ferry sinking
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- Taliban kill 30 soldiers in first major attack since ceasefire, governor says