Teenager allegedly assaulted at knifepoint in South Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
A 15-year-old girl was allegedly assaulted by her own neighbor as she minded her parents' store in Mampang, South Jakarta, on Tuesday.
The girl was reportedly molested by her middle-aged neighbor at knifepoint, said South Jakarta Police criminal investigation unit chief Adj. Sr. Comr. Stefanus Tamuntuan in a statement made to kompas.com.
He said the incident occurred while the perpetrator was buying cigarettes at the grocery store owned by the girl’s parents, which was open during sahur (predawn meal).
Stefanus said the girl was asked to retrieve a drink by the perpetrator, who then followed her and threatened her with a knife.
South Jakarta Police chief Sr. Comr. Indra Jafar said: “Her parents have filed a report with the police for sexual harassment, allegedly committed by their neighbor.
“While the perpetrator committed the crime, the victim did not dare to shout because of the knife.” said Stefanus, adding: “We have interrogated the parents and the victim.”
He said the perpetrator was now at large. (acr)
- West Jakarta early childhood school dismantled in front of students
- Indonesia attracts buyers at Hamburg COTECA trade expo
- Saudi Arabia's foreign minister to visit Indonesia
- In China's Catholic heartland, Vatican deal brings Communist Party closer
- The other side of Korea: Art, food and history
- Meikarta graft case: KPK searches residence of Lippo Group CEO James Riady
- FBI leaker jailed for four years
- Trump says Saudi journalist likely dead, warns of 'severe' response
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Japan to offer e-visa to tourists starting April 2020