8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
The Jakarta Post
Local resident Wa Tiba was found dead inside the belly of a 8-meter python in Muna regency, Southeast Sulawesi on Friday.
Muna Police chief Adj. Sr. Comr. Agung Ramos Paretongan Sinaga said the 54-year-old housewife disappeared on Thursday night, the last night of Ramadhan, after she went to inspect her corn plantation around 1 kilometer away from her house.
According to her family, Wa Tiba wanted to check the plantation because wild boars often destroyed the crops, Tribunnews.com reported.
Her family became anxious as by 6 a.m the next day she had not returned home.
Her sister went to look for her at the plantation, only to find her footprints, a torch, slippers and a machete on the ground.
She immediately asked for help from the locals.
At around 9:30 a.m., residents found a big python with a swollen belly near the plantation.
The locals killed the snake and dissected its stomach, in which they found Wa Tiba’s body. (gis/dmr)
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- US politician stands to win election by one vote
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Semen Indonesia acquires Holcim Indonesia
- Palm oil waste-fueled generators produce electricity in Kutai
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Bank Indonesia hikes rate to 6 percent