8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
The Jakarta Post
Local resident Wa Tiba was found dead inside the belly of a 8-meter python in Muna regency, Southeast Sulawesi on Friday.
Muna Police chief Adj. Sr. Comr. Agung Ramos Paretongan Sinaga said the 54-year-old housewife disappeared on Thursday night, the last night of Ramadhan, after she went to inspect her corn plantation around 1 kilometer away from her house.
According to her family, Wa Tiba wanted to check the plantation because wild boars often destroyed the crops, Tribunnews.com reported.
Her family became anxious as by 6 a.m the next day she had not returned home.
Her sister went to look for her at the plantation, only to find her footprints, a torch, slippers and a machete on the ground.
She immediately asked for help from the locals.
At around 9:30 a.m., residents found a big python with a swollen belly near the plantation.
The locals killed the snake and dissected its stomach, in which they found Wa Tiba’s body. (gis/dmr)
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- New bombshell revives debate on Trump fitness for office
- Truck full of bodies draws Mexicans searching for relatives
- Trump outburst over Kavanaugh's female accuser sparks hashtag trend
- Top Muhammadiyah figure resigns as Jokowi’s special envoy
- First to red planet will become Martians: Canada astronaut
- Police probe new drug rape claims against US doctor, girlfriend
- 'Cek Toko Sebelah' to be screened in Chinese cinemas
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world