Prabowo’s team crowdfunds Rp 275 m in three days
The Jakarta Post
Gerindra Party presidential candidate Prabowo Subianto's team started a crowdfunding initiative that had collected more than Rp 275 million (US$19,525) as of Sunday, according to a Telegram messaging app group called “Galang Perjuangan” (Fight Mobilization).
The initiative was first announced on Prabowo’s official Facebook account on Thursday.
Prabowo, who is also the party’s chairman, said -- as quoted by kompas.com -- the cost for democracy was high right now, adding that it caused many promising candidates to lose votes to parties that have access to more funds. Thus, the party needed support and donations from its supporters, he said.
No details of donors and the amounts were stated.
The latest update read, “Thank you, Fellow Fighters. Your donations mean so much for our fight. The donations have now reached Rp 275,269,608. Do increase your donations to make Greater Indonesia better. Keep fighting!!”
The donations would be used for operating expenses, the announcement said.
“I ask for your help, how much of your help depends on your capability. If you, for instance, send Rp 5,000, we’re grateful for that. If you can send Rp 10,000, Rp 20,000 and so on, it will be so meaningful,” Prabowo said in a video published on his Facebook account. (stu)
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Trump hits China with tariffs on another $200b in goods
- Florence death toll jumps to 31 as flooding wreaks havoc
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Prosecutors call for Jambi rape victim to be punished to deter abortion
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning
- Indonesia must improve its e-government