Greening up Asian Games as energy of Asia
Reidinar Juliane and Satrio Wicaksono
PREMIUM When Indonesia hosted the fourth edition of the Asian Games in 1962, president Sukarno used the opportunity as a coming-of-age moment for the young nation. The famous Gelora Bung Karno Stadium, Hotel Indonesia, Selamat Datang Monument, the Sarinah department store and Semanggi Interchange were built for the Games, and Indonesia was proud to point out that all the mega infrastructure — which is s...
- Trump targeted by G-20 as leaders push back on combative tweets
- Supreme Court to decide on UK-Scotland Brexit standoff
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Yuval Noah Harari: '21 Lessons' from data, meditation to AI and 'Black Mirror'
- Indonesia soccer fans damage Asian Games stadium
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Four kids, riding motorbike without helmets, taught valuable lesson by cop
- World Bank official drowns at Bali beach
- One dead, suspect surrenders after US supermarket hostage drama
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games