NasDem scores big on election day, quick count shows
The Jakarta Post
Quick-count results by various pollsters in 15 provinces holding gubernatorial elections are showing that NasDem Party hold the lead in several of Wednesday's regional elections.
The results indicated that 10 NasDem candidates had taken the lead in gubernatorial elections in 15 provinces, kompas.com reported.
The National Mandate Party (PAN) and Hanura were projected as leading in nine and eight provinces respectively.
Meanwhile, the United Development Party (PPP), Gerindra and the Democratic Party each had only three candidates showing a lead, according to quick-count results.
Quick-count results indicated that Ali Mazi in Southeast Sualwesi and Viktor Laiskodat in East Nusa Tenggara held massive leads.
The results, however, did not include two other participating provinces, namely Papua and North Maluku.
Seventeen provinces held simultaneous regional elections on Wednesday.
NasDem chairman Surya Paloh, however, claimed victory in 11 provinces, including Papua, where it, along with eight other parties, supported incumbent Lukas Enembe, a Democratic Party politician.
“It exceeded our target of 10 provinces,” he said as quoted by kompas.com. (kuk/ipa)
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- India launches 'Modicare', world's biggest health scheme
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- China's bullet trains are coming for Hong Kong's airlines
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- Attempt to send underage prostitutes to Bali ends at airport: Police
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Top Muhammadiyah figure resigns as Jokowi’s special envoy