NasDem scores big on election day, quick count shows
The Jakarta Post
Quick-count results by various pollsters in 15 provinces holding gubernatorial elections are showing that NasDem Party hold the lead in several of Wednesday's regional elections.
The results indicated that 10 NasDem candidates had taken the lead in gubernatorial elections in 15 provinces, kompas.com reported.
The National Mandate Party (PAN) and Hanura were projected as leading in nine and eight provinces respectively.
Meanwhile, the United Development Party (PPP), Gerindra and the Democratic Party each had only three candidates showing a lead, according to quick-count results.
Quick-count results indicated that Ali Mazi in Southeast Sualwesi and Viktor Laiskodat in East Nusa Tenggara held massive leads.
The results, however, did not include two other participating provinces, namely Papua and North Maluku.
Seventeen provinces held simultaneous regional elections on Wednesday.
NasDem chairman Surya Paloh, however, claimed victory in 11 provinces, including Papua, where it, along with eight other parties, supported incumbent Lukas Enembe, a Democratic Party politician.
“It exceeded our target of 10 provinces,” he said as quoted by kompas.com. (kuk/ipa)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Passenger demands window seat, gets amusing response from flight attendant
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- Macron the latest US ally insulted by Trump
- Cutting out rice not enough: More lifestyle changes needed to prevent diabetes