BREAKING: Aceh governor reportedly arrested by KPK
The Jakarta Post
Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) investigators reportedly arrested Aceh Governor Irwandi Yusuf during an operation in Aceh on Tuesday evening.
"There were 10 people arrested during the operation, including two regional heads and some other individuals," KPK spokesman Febri Diansyah said in a statement.
Febri said investigators confiscated millions of rupiah in cash, allegedly part of a commitment fee, during the arrest.
The KPK team, the spokesman said, was currently questioning the 10 individuals at the Aceh Police headquarters.
Governor Irwandi was seen at the Aceh Police headquarters on Tuesday night, serambinews.com reported.
Febri stopped short of confirming whether the former Free Aceh Movement (GAM) leader was among the arrestees, saying only that the arrests were made following a suspicious transaction involving provincial and regency officials. (ahw)
- Surfer severely mauled by shark in Australia
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Hummingbirds thrive at innovative Mexico gardens
- They played dead on the ground: Survivor recounts OPM massacre
- Prabowo answers all your burning questions in his little blue book
- Garuda Indonesia takes passengers on trip to 1980s
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- Sexual harassment in the sky: Hong Kong flight attendants fight back
- Women accuse famous Brazil spiritual 'healer' of sex abuse