BREAKING: Aceh governor reportedly arrested by KPK
The Jakarta Post
Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) investigators reportedly arrested Aceh Governor Irwandi Yusuf during an operation in Aceh on Tuesday evening.
"There were 10 people arrested during the operation, including two regional heads and some other individuals," KPK spokesman Febri Diansyah said in a statement.
Febri said investigators confiscated millions of rupiah in cash, allegedly part of a commitment fee, during the arrest.
The KPK team, the spokesman said, was currently questioning the 10 individuals at the Aceh Police headquarters.
Governor Irwandi was seen at the Aceh Police headquarters on Tuesday night, serambinews.com reported.
Febri stopped short of confirming whether the former Free Aceh Movement (GAM) leader was among the arrestees, saying only that the arrests were made following a suspicious transaction involving provincial and regency officials. (ahw)
- Trump targeted by G-20 as leaders push back on combative tweets
- Supreme Court to decide on UK-Scotland Brexit standoff
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Yuval Noah Harari: '21 Lessons' from data, meditation to AI and 'Black Mirror'
- Indonesia soccer fans damage Asian Games stadium
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Four kids, riding motorbike without helmets, taught valuable lesson by cop
- World Bank official drowns at Bali beach
- One dead, suspect surrenders after US supermarket hostage drama
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games