BREAKING: Aceh governor reportedly arrested by KPK
The Jakarta Post
Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) investigators reportedly arrested Aceh Governor Irwandi Yusuf during an operation in Aceh on Tuesday evening.
"There were 10 people arrested during the operation, including two regional heads and some other individuals," KPK spokesman Febri Diansyah said in a statement.
Febri said investigators confiscated millions of rupiah in cash, allegedly part of a commitment fee, during the arrest.
The KPK team, the spokesman said, was currently questioning the 10 individuals at the Aceh Police headquarters.
Governor Irwandi was seen at the Aceh Police headquarters on Tuesday night, serambinews.com reported.
Febri stopped short of confirming whether the former Free Aceh Movement (GAM) leader was among the arrestees, saying only that the arrests were made following a suspicious transaction involving provincial and regency officials. (ahw)
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- Flights not yet affected by Mt. Anak Krakatau eruption, authorities say
- Brotherhood chief, 65 others get life for Egypt attack
- Trump's tariffs on $200b of Chinese imports kick in
- Journalist murdered in Mexico, ninth of 2018
- Supreme Court pick's accuser agrees to testify Thursday
- Nike-Kaepernick: A marriage of ideals?