Tangerang 'arms' police with English ahead of Asian Games
Callistasia Anggun Wijaya
The Jakarta Post
The Tangerang Police have provided English-language training for their Babinkamtibmas (police officers assigned to villages as security and public order advisors) to prepare them to welcome the Asian Games delegates in August.
While the Games' venues are located in Jakarta, Palembang and West Java, the pentathlon is to be held in Tigaraksa, Tangerang regency.
Tangerang Police chief Sr. Comr. Sabilul Alif said the police officers needed to learn English to give the best service to the delegates.
“Asian Games athletes and officials are [our] guests. We have to give a good impression so Indonesia will have a good image,” Sabilul said in a statement on Wednesday.
Sabilul added that the police would generate local enthusiasm for the Asian Games through sports tournaments and public screenings of the 2018 World Cup.
Meanwhile, the Tangerang Police are planning to conduct a public safety operation to mitigate street crimes, terrorism, vandalism and theft ahead of the multisport event.
The Tangerang Police have formed a task force to combat violent robbers and thugs as part of its operation.
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Pence says US to partner in Papua New Guinea military base
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- US politician stands to win election by one vote
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Number of missing in California fire soars past 1,000 as Trump set to visit
- CIA concludes Saudi Crown Prince behind Khashoggi murder: report
- Minister Wiranto's grandson drowns in garden pond
- After Gabo book purge, Kuwait bans Dostoyevsky