Tangerang 'arms' police with English ahead of Asian Games
Callistasia Anggun Wijaya
The Jakarta Post
The Tangerang Police have provided English-language training for their Babinkamtibmas (police officers assigned to villages as security and public order advisors) to prepare them to welcome the Asian Games delegates in August.
While the Games' venues are located in Jakarta, Palembang and West Java, the pentathlon is to be held in Tigaraksa, Tangerang regency.
Tangerang Police chief Sr. Comr. Sabilul Alif said the police officers needed to learn English to give the best service to the delegates.
“Asian Games athletes and officials are [our] guests. We have to give a good impression so Indonesia will have a good image,” Sabilul said in a statement on Wednesday.
Sabilul added that the police would generate local enthusiasm for the Asian Games through sports tournaments and public screenings of the 2018 World Cup.
Meanwhile, the Tangerang Police are planning to conduct a public safety operation to mitigate street crimes, terrorism, vandalism and theft ahead of the multisport event.
The Tangerang Police have formed a task force to combat violent robbers and thugs as part of its operation.
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- New bombshell revives debate on Trump fitness for office
- Truck full of bodies draws Mexicans searching for relatives
- Top Muhammadiyah figure resigns as Jokowi’s special envoy
- Trump outburst over Kavanaugh's female accuser sparks hashtag trend
- India launches 'Modicare', world's biggest health scheme
- First to red planet will become Martians: Canada astronaut
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters