Tangerang 'arms' police with English ahead of Asian Games
Callistasia Anggun Wijaya
The Jakarta Post
The Tangerang Police have provided English-language training for their Babinkamtibmas (police officers assigned to villages as security and public order advisors) to prepare them to welcome the Asian Games delegates in August.
While the Games' venues are located in Jakarta, Palembang and West Java, the pentathlon is to be held in Tigaraksa, Tangerang regency.
Tangerang Police chief Sr. Comr. Sabilul Alif said the police officers needed to learn English to give the best service to the delegates.
“Asian Games athletes and officials are [our] guests. We have to give a good impression so Indonesia will have a good image,” Sabilul said in a statement on Wednesday.
Sabilul added that the police would generate local enthusiasm for the Asian Games through sports tournaments and public screenings of the 2018 World Cup.
Meanwhile, the Tangerang Police are planning to conduct a public safety operation to mitigate street crimes, terrorism, vandalism and theft ahead of the multisport event.
The Tangerang Police have formed a task force to combat violent robbers and thugs as part of its operation.
- Trump's trip to Europe: Top five highlights
- Microsoft urges regulation of face-recognizing tech
- Densus 88 shoot dead three alleged terrorists in Yogyakarta
- Learning from France’s multiculturalism, World Cup run
- Saudi woman could be jailed for hugging pop star
- Tokyo’s reign as world’s largest city fades
- Airbus near blockbuster $23 billion jet sale to AirAsia
- Trump says Queen thinks Brexit is 'very complex problem': Report
- 52 alleged robbers shot by police ahead of Asian Games
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world