Bandung student turns closet into marijuana hothouse
The Jakarta Post
Curiosity reportedly led a 21-year-old student, identified only as YCR, at a university in Bandung, West Java, to attempt to grow marijuana in his rented room.
Through a self-learning process, helped by the internet, YCR modified his own closet and turned it into a hothouse for growing marijuana.
However, the police took a dim view of his extra-curricular activities and arrested him.
Bandung Police narcotics division head Adj. Sr. Comr. Irfan Nurmansyah said that his team discovered the experiment after YCR was arrested for allegedly possessing 70 grams of marijuana.
According to Irfan, YCR set up lights, a timer and a fan to adjust the temperature inside his closet in a bid to grow marijuana.
“He learned all the tricks from Youtube. [However] all four marijuana seedlings died,” he said.
During the interrogation, YCR, who has used marijuana since 2016, claimed that he started the experiment six months ago for his own use.
The police are expanding the investigation to find out where YCR got the marijuana seeds.
According to Irfan, YCR faces a maximum of 12 years’ imprisonment for growing, possessing and using marijuana. (swd)
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- New bombshell revives debate on Trump fitness for office
- Truck full of bodies draws Mexicans searching for relatives
- Top Muhammadiyah figure resigns as Jokowi’s special envoy
- Trump outburst over Kavanaugh's female accuser sparks hashtag trend
- India launches 'Modicare', world's biggest health scheme
- First to red planet will become Martians: Canada astronaut
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters