Prabowo meets SBY: Seal it with a song?
The Jakarta Post
Gerindra Party chairman Prabowo Subianto has deflected journalists' questions about his planned meeting with Democratic Party chairman Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono [SBY].
"My intention to meet SBY is unimportant. Pak SBY is good at singing, I want to invite him to sing,” Prabowo said jokingly at his house at Jl. Kartanegara, Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta, over the weekend.
Prabowo said as quoted by tempo.co he had rehearsed to compete with Yudhoyono’s singing skills and listed names of songs for the meeting.
During two terms of presidency, Yudhoyono released five albums with 40 songs.
Gerindra Party deputy chairman Ferry Juliantono had announced the meeting between Prabowo and SBY beforehand. He said the two party leaders would discuss the possibility of forming a coalition for the 2019 presidential election. “There will be a meeting between Pak SBY and Pak Prabowo in the next few days," Ferry said on Saturday.
Ferry said the meeting would be a follow-up to the previous meeting between Prabowo and Democratic Party deputy chairman Syarif Hasan at Prabowo’s house in Kartanegara on July 5. Democratic Party deputy secretary-general Andi Arief said via Twitter that the meeting would address political conditions and the possibility of Prabowo teaming up with Agus Harimurti Yudhoyono as a candidate pair in the election. Agus is Yudhoyono's son. (evi)
- Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- Malaysia issues arrest warrants for ex-1MDB executives
- Thailand's cave boys wake up at home for first time in weeks
- Rapes and beatings: The torments of South Korea's young athletes
- Indonesia sees 7 brutal animal killings in 2018
- Joey Alexander’s new music video showcases the beauty of Bali
- Russian 'agent' held on charges of seeking to infiltrate US govt
- Prabowo visits Yudhoyono in hospital
- Indonesia to invite Kim Jong-un, Moon Jae-in to attend Asiad