Prabowo meets SBY: Seal it with a song?
The Jakarta Post
Gerindra Party chairman Prabowo Subianto has deflected journalists' questions about his planned meeting with Democratic Party chairman Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono [SBY].
"My intention to meet SBY is unimportant. Pak SBY is good at singing, I want to invite him to sing,” Prabowo said jokingly at his house at Jl. Kartanegara, Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta, over the weekend.
Prabowo said as quoted by tempo.co he had rehearsed to compete with Yudhoyono’s singing skills and listed names of songs for the meeting.
During two terms of presidency, Yudhoyono released five albums with 40 songs.
Gerindra Party deputy chairman Ferry Juliantono had announced the meeting between Prabowo and SBY beforehand. He said the two party leaders would discuss the possibility of forming a coalition for the 2019 presidential election. “There will be a meeting between Pak SBY and Pak Prabowo in the next few days," Ferry said on Saturday.
Ferry said the meeting would be a follow-up to the previous meeting between Prabowo and Democratic Party deputy chairman Syarif Hasan at Prabowo’s house in Kartanegara on July 5. Democratic Party deputy secretary-general Andi Arief said via Twitter that the meeting would address political conditions and the possibility of Prabowo teaming up with Agus Harimurti Yudhoyono as a candidate pair in the election. Agus is Yudhoyono's son. (evi)
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- Flights not yet affected by Mt. Anak Krakatau eruption, authorities say
- Journalist murdered in Mexico, ninth of 2018
- Instagram co-founders step down from company: NYT
- China says can't hold US trade talks with 'knife to the throat'
- Huawei gives free power banks to people queuing for new iPhone
- Nike-Kaepernick: A marriage of ideals?