Special Transjakarta buses to serve city shoppers
Callistasia Anggun Wijaya
The Jakarta Post
City-owned bus operator PT Transjakarta has provided two special buses to help shoppers hop from one mall to another in the areas of the HI traffic circle, Central Jakarta and Senayan, South Jakarta.
Transjakarta spokesman Wibowo said the buses were provided to encourage city shoppers to use public transportation.
“Every weekend, we can see a lot of cars in front of malls on Jl. MH Thamrin. Therefore, we provide the 'Jakarta Shopping Service' to facilitate people who want to shop comfortably,” Wibowo said in a statement on Friday.
The buses will take passengers to the malls of Grand Indonesia, Plaza Senayan, Senayan City and fX Sudirman between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. from Monday to Friday.
On Saturdays, the buses will operate from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., while on Sundays they will run from 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- BLACKPINK’s Jennie sets records with ‘Solo’ videos
- A father’s love: Wiranto explains why his daughter wears niqab
- Jokowi won't grant Nuril amnesty
- Indonesia mosques spreading radicalism to government workers: Official
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- AirAsia to move international operations to Soekarno-Hatta airport Terminal 2
- 6 kg of garbage found in dead whale's stomach in Wakatobi
- Nissan’s Ghosn arrested over financial law violation
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Palm oil industry calls on govt to take 'firm' action against Greenpeace