Bank Indonesia helps small enterprises go global
The Jakarta Post
Bank Indonesia Governor Perry Warjiyo has said the central bank is continuing to encourage micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME) to produce high quality products so that they can complete in the global market.
He said that BI had three programs to help MSMEs, namely introducing them to prominent designers to improve the quality of their products and connecting MSMEs to exporters as well as promoting their products to overseas buyers.
"Through the programs, BI wants to help MSMEs produce creative products so they can expand from the local to the international market,” Perry said on Friday in his speech at the opening of an MSME craft exhibition held by BI at the Jakarta Convention Center from July 20 to 22.
Highlights of the event included a parade of traditional fabrics and panel discussions on MSMEs.
The exhibition was opened by First Lady Iriana Joko Widodo, accompanied by Mufidah Jusuf Kalla, the wife of Vice President Jusuf Kalla.
The event was also attended by Indonesian Creative Agency (Bekraf) head Triawan Munaf and Cooperatives and SMEs Minister Anak Agung Gede Ngurah Puspayoga.
Perry said BI currently supervised about 800 MSMEs. They have received the three programs established by the central bank.
The craft exhibition showcases more than 70 booths for local fashion and handicrafts produced by MSMEs across the country. (sau/bbn)
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- Govt looks to private employees to fill public jobs after 90 percent of applican...
- 'Moral panic' targets Indonesia's LGBT community
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- From Chanel to Gucci: Korean women turn into designer rent-a-holics
- Okky Madasari unearths hidden tales of Indonesia in 'Mata' series
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world