More schools to close for Asian Games
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta administration has said that it will close 70 schools during the 2018 Asian Games.
Previously, the administration had announced plans to close only 34 schools, but it has since decided to keep more schools closed during the sporting event, which will be held from Aug. 18 to Sept. 2.
"Yes [...] there are 36 additional schools," Jakarta Education Agency secretary Susie Nurhati said, as quoted by tempo.co on Saturday.
She said there were nine additional athlete routes from the athletes village in Kemayoran to the Bulungan Sports Center in South Jakarta. Those routes had been approved by the traffic division of the Jakarta Police, the Jakarta Transportation Agency and the Jakarta Education Agency.
The school closure is expected to help ease traffic and thereby facilitate athletes' commute. (gis)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- Passenger demands window seat, gets amusing response from flight attendant
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- Macron the latest US ally insulted by Trump
- Cutting out rice not enough: More lifestyle changes needed to prevent diabetes
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements