More schools to close for Asian Games
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta administration has said that it will close 70 schools during the 2018 Asian Games.
Previously, the administration had announced plans to close only 34 schools, but it has since decided to keep more schools closed during the sporting event, which will be held from Aug. 18 to Sept. 2.
"Yes [...] there are 36 additional schools," Jakarta Education Agency secretary Susie Nurhati said, as quoted by tempo.co on Saturday.
She said there were nine additional athlete routes from the athletes village in Kemayoran to the Bulungan Sports Center in South Jakarta. Those routes had been approved by the traffic division of the Jakarta Police, the Jakarta Transportation Agency and the Jakarta Education Agency.
The school closure is expected to help ease traffic and thereby facilitate athletes' commute. (gis)
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- New bombshell revives debate on Trump fitness for office
- Truck full of bodies draws Mexicans searching for relatives
- Top Muhammadiyah figure resigns as Jokowi’s special envoy
- Trump outburst over Kavanaugh's female accuser sparks hashtag trend
- First to red planet will become Martians: Canada astronaut
- Police probe new drug rape claims against US doctor, girlfriend
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- 'Cek Toko Sebelah' to be screened in Chinese cinemas