BREAKING: Tsunami warning issued after 7-magnitude earthquake hits NTB
The Jakarta Post
The Meteorology, Climatology and Geophysics Agency (BMKG) has issued a tsunami warning after a 7.0-magnitude earthquake struck West Nusa Tenggara (NTB) on Sunday evening.
According to a statement obtained by The Jakarta Post, the agency placed the northern part of East and West Lombok on a tsunami alert, warning that the first wave to hit the region may not be the highest.
The earthquake struck Lombok at 6:46 p.m. local time, with an epicenter located 18 kilometers south-west of East Lombok.
Reports say that the earthquakes’ tremors could be felt in neighboring Bali, as well as Jember and Sidoarjo in East Java. (swd)
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- Flights not yet affected by Mt. Anak Krakatau eruption, authorities say
- Journalist murdered in Mexico, ninth of 2018
- Nike-Kaepernick: A marriage of ideals?
- Huawei gives free power banks to people queuing for new iPhone
- Brotherhood chief, 65 others get life for Egypt attack
- Death of Persija fan at hands of Persib hooligans sparks outrage