Google Indonesia eyes 10 million SME partners by 2020
The Jakarta Post
Google is eyeing 10 million small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in Indonesia to avail themselves of its business services by 2020.
The company had begun to offer training courses for SMEs in Indonesia in 2015 and currently served 1 million SME customers, Google Indonesia marketing head Veronika Utami said on Friday, adding that the participating SMEs and their products appeared in Google’s search engine.
“There are many people who search for businesses through Google,” Veronika said, as reported by kontan.co.id, adding that some SMEs saw annual growth of up to 80 percent after they began to utilize the Google facility.
Google Indonesia policy head Putri Alam said SMEs could use Google to market their products in other countries so that they could expand their exports.
“[With Google], the probability [to get foreign buyers] is four times higher than if they rely only on their outlets,” Putri said, adding that Google wanted to support the government’s efforts to promote digital business services. (bbn)
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- Govt looks to private employees to fill public jobs after 90 percent of applican...
- 'Moral panic' targets Indonesia's LGBT community
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- From Chanel to Gucci: Korean women turn into designer rent-a-holics
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Okky Madasari unearths hidden tales of Indonesia in 'Mata' series
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know