Sandiaga officially resigns on Friday, says goodbye to Anies
Callistasia Anggun Wijaya
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Deputy Governor Sandiaga Uno submitted on Friday his resignation letter to Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan following his decision to run for vice president in the 2019 presidential election in a pairing with Gerindra Party leader Prabowo Subianto.
In his resignation letter dated Aug. 9, Sandiaga said he hoped the governor could process his request in accordance with the prevailing regulations.
Sandiaga and Prabowo are set to register themselves with the General Elections Commission (KPU) on Friday.
Meanwhile, Anies posted on his Instagram account a photo of him hugging Sandiaga.
“Our time working as a pair in City Hall has finished. A routine discussion in the governor’s room on Thursday evening was our last discussion. A new chapter has started. May Allah protect and strengthen you in your further endeavor, Bro @sandiuno,” Anies wrote in the caption.
On his Instagram account, Sandiaga posted a similar picture of him sharing a final embrace with the governor.
“Mas @aniesbaswedan, I ask for prayers and blessings to fight for something bigger; that is, to bring prosperity to all the people of Indonesia,” Sandiaga said.
The name of Jakarta Council Deputy Speaker M. Taufik from Gerindra has emerged as Sandiaga’s potential successor.
Taufik said on Thursday he had yet to be informed about a replacement for Sandiaga.
“I still don’t know about it, because the political parties have yet to propose names. Just pray for it,” Taufik said.
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Indonesia to free Bali Nine drug smuggler Lawrence: Official
- Government to issue new regulation on coal permits
- Garuda to reopen Jakarta-London route
- JT610 victim's bride takes wedding photo shoot without groom
- Bali authority denies report on JE viral infection outbreak
- Associate of close Trump adviser expects to be indicted by Mueller
- University student ‘pseudo poll’: LGBT behavior caused by keeping wrong company...