Soekarno-Hatta Airport’s Terminal 1, 2 converted into LCC terminals
The Jakarta Post
State-owned airport operator PT Angkasa Pura II (AP II) president director Muhammad Awaluddin has elaborated on his company's plan to change terminals 1 and 2 of Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Tangerang, Banten, into low-cost carrier (LCC) terminals.
“The process has begun. Terminal 1 will become a domestic LCC terminal, Terminal 2 will become an international LCC terminal and Terminal 3 will become a full-service terminal for both domestic and international flights,” he said in Jakarta on Thursday as reported by kompas.com.
Awaluddin explained that initially, the government would revitalize terminals 1 and 2 to become full-service terminals but later, the plan was changed because President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo wanted to boost tourism by establishing LLC terminals in a number of airports.
With the LCC terminals, more tourists are expected to come to Indonesia because of more competitive prices of airline tickets.
“We project that the number of passengers [passing through terminals 1 and 2] will increase by 100 percent to become 36 million,” said Awaluddin, adding that the LCC terminals were targeted to be ready late this year or early 2019.
AP II needs to spend Rp 3.7 trillion (US$256.37 million) to renovate the two terminals, Awaluddin said, adding that all the budget would come from AP II’s internal fund.
AP II also plans to construct Terminal 4 of Soekarno-Hatta International Airport after all renovations of the LCC terminals are completed, he added. (bbn)
- Muslim couple denied Swiss citizenship over handshake refusal
- US man charged with killing pregnant wife and two toddlers
- Jokowi opens Asian Games in dazzling ceremony
- Google launches special features for Asian Games 2018
- President, first lady celebrate Sumatran culture on Independence Day
- Cricket hero Imran Khan sworn in as Pakistan PM
- National Folk Museum of Korea to bring ‘mobile museums’ to Asian Games
- Strong earthquake hits off Fiji, no tsunami threat
- US threatens more Turkey sanctions if pastor not freed
- Asian Games: Japanese athletes, officials comfortable staying in athletes villag...