Ministry installs nano bubble equipment for Sentiong River
The Jakarta Post
The Environment and Forestry Ministry has installed four machines using the nano bubble water purifying technology on Sentiong River, also known as kali item (black river), in Kemayoran, Central Jakarta, on Saturday in a bid to reduce the smell emanating from the river.
“We have installed and will operate the nano bubble machine to restore the water quality and ecosystem of Sentiong River,” the ministry’s environmental pollution and degradation director general, MR Karliansyah, said on Saturday, as quoted by kompas.com.
The bubbles contained ozone and oxygen that would be injected into the river, he said. The ozone would decompose pathogen bacteria and organic matter that caused the bad smell and increase the oxygen in the water.
He said the ministry would install up to 20 nano bubble machines along the river.
Read also: ‘Black River’ nylon net costs Rp 580 million
Previously, the Indonesian Institute of Sciences (LIPI) has also installed four nano bubble machines on the river.
The athletes village in Kemayoran, Central Jakarta, which will host athletes competing in the 2018 Asian Games, is located right next to the river.
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- 22 migrants missing off Morocco after boat capsizes
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- Republican urges conservatives to run against Trump in 2020
- Trump says doesn't want to hear 'suffering' Khashoggi tape
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- Political parties clash over sharia-based bylaws
- Your next Uber ride may have a minifridge stocked with snacks
- Indonesia launches 16th economic package
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw