Trade show estimates 156 million Muslim travelers by 2020
The Jakarta Post
Regional travel trade show ITB Asia has said that about 156 million Muslims would be traveling around the globe by 2020, a growth of nearly 30 percent since 2016, and that the estimated total purchases by Muslim travelers would more than double over a decade to US$300 billion by 2026.
“Muslim travel is thus an important focus for ITB Asia this year, as key players in the travel and tourism scene are demanding insights and best practices in marketing destinations and how to better connect with Muslim travelers,” ITB Asia stated in a press release The Jakarta Post received on Monday.
ITB Asia also said it would launch a Muslim Travel Hub and Pavilion from Oct. 17 to 19 at the Sands Expo and Convention Centre in Marina Bay Sands, Singapore.
Over the three days, the "halal travel" event will host panel discussions and showcases for industry players.
Key topics include how to attract Muslim travelers to destinations throughout the year, how to develop the growing Muslim travel market and Muslim-friendly travel packages. The event's Muslim Travel Pavilion would be dedicated to exhibitors offering Muslim travel products and services, the release said.
The Muslim Travel Hub is to showcase presentations from Indonesia, Japan and Turkey on “Targeting US$126 billion Muslim tourism market with cultural changes”, "Making Muslims feel at home" and "Travelling in style", respectively. (bbn)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- Passenger demands window seat, gets amusing response from flight attendant
- 21 companies to relocate factories from Karawang over high wages
- Macron the latest US ally insulted by Trump