Top detective appointed new National Police deputy chief
The Jakarta Post
National Police lead investigator Comr. Gen. Ari Dono Sukmanto will be inaugurated as the new deputy chief to fill the vacancy left by former deputy chief Syafruddin who has been appointed as the new Administration and Bureaucratic Reform Minister.
According to kompas.com, National Police chief Gen. Tito Karnavian said on Friday that he had decided to appoint Ari, now serving as chief of the National Police’s Criminal Investigation Department (Bareskrim), and would announce it officially on Friday afternoon.
Previously, there had been speculation that Jakarta Police chief Insp. Gen. Idham Aziz would be appointed as the new deputy chief due to claims made by House of Representatives Speaker Bambang Soesatyo. However, Idham denied the rumor saying that he was still serving as Jakarta Police chief.
On Wednesday, President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo appointed Syafruddin to replace National Mandate Party (PAN) politician Asman Abnur as Administration and Bureaucratic Reform Minister.
Asman resigned from his post on Tuesday following his party’s decision to support Jokowi’s presidential election contender Gerindra Party chairman Prabowo Subianto. (ris/wit)
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- 22 migrants missing off Morocco after boat capsizes
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- Republican urges conservatives to run against Trump in 2020
- Trump says doesn't want to hear 'suffering' Khashoggi tape
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Political parties clash over sharia-based bylaws
- Your next Uber ride may have a minifridge stocked with snacks
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw