Top detective appointed new National Police deputy chief
The Jakarta Post
National Police lead investigator Comr. Gen. Ari Dono Sukmanto will be inaugurated as the new deputy chief to fill the vacancy left by former deputy chief Syafruddin who has been appointed as the new Administration and Bureaucratic Reform Minister.
According to kompas.com, National Police chief Gen. Tito Karnavian said on Friday that he had decided to appoint Ari, now serving as chief of the National Police’s Criminal Investigation Department (Bareskrim), and would announce it officially on Friday afternoon.
Previously, there had been speculation that Jakarta Police chief Insp. Gen. Idham Aziz would be appointed as the new deputy chief due to claims made by House of Representatives Speaker Bambang Soesatyo. However, Idham denied the rumor saying that he was still serving as Jakarta Police chief.
On Wednesday, President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo appointed Syafruddin to replace National Mandate Party (PAN) politician Asman Abnur as Administration and Bureaucratic Reform Minister.
Asman resigned from his post on Tuesday following his party’s decision to support Jokowi’s presidential election contender Gerindra Party chairman Prabowo Subianto. (ris/wit)
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- Creator of 3-D printed guns flies to Taiwan amid US sex assault accusation
- Balinale set to return with award-winning movies, guests
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Malaysia ex-PM faces 21 new charges over 1MDB scandal
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Tourism Ministry declares five dishes national food
- Indonesians ready to embrace cashless future