BREAKING: Another 7-magnitude quake hits Lombok
The Jakarta Post
Indonesia's Meteorology, Climatology and Geophysics Agency (BMKG) reported a 7-magnitude earthquake had rocked Lombok Island again in West Nusa Tenggara on Sunday at 9:59 p.m. Jakarta time, or 10:59 p.m. local time.
On the same day, the area experienced at least three smaller earthquakes. The first was a 5.4-magnitude quake at 10:06 a.m., followed by a stronger 6.5-magnitude quake an hour later.
On Aug. 5, a 7-magnitude earthquake hit the island, killing at least 460 people.
The United States Geological Survey reported that both the earthquakes on Aug. 5 and 19 measured 6.9 on the Richter scale. (evi)
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Trump hits China with tariffs on another $200b in goods
- Florence death toll jumps to 31 as flooding wreaks havoc
- Prosecutors call for Jambi rape victim to be punished to deter abortion
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Indonesia must improve its e-government
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Woodward's Trump book sells 1.1 million in first week
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning