Asian Games: Malaysia assured of gold medal for women's squash singles
Malaysia is assured of a gold medal in the women's squash singles here as it turned into an all-Malaysian final at the Asian Games.
Defending champion Datuk Nicol David will take on debutant S. Sivasangari in the final at the Gelora Bung Karno Squash Stadium on Sunday (Aug 26).
Nicol swatted aside India's Dipika Palikal 3-0 in the semifinals of the women's singles. She was in a ruthless mood as she downed Dipika 11-7,11-9,11-6 in 32 minutes.
Meanwhile, Sivasangari showed nerves of steel as she beat Joshna Chinnapa of India 12-10, 11-6, 9-11, 11-7 to march into the final.
This article appeared on The Star newspaper website, which is a member of Asia News Network and a media partner of The Jakarta Post
- A father’s love: Wiranto explains why his daughter wears niqab
- Ed Sheeran on BTS: ‘I think they are great’
- 6 kg of garbage found in dead whale's stomach in Wakatobi
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- Foreign investors allowed to own 100% shares in 25 business units
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- BLACKPINK’s Jennie sets records with ‘Solo’ videos
- Afghan refugees stage protest in Medan, asking to be sent to Oz, US
- Whale shark seen in Jakarta Bay
- Indonesia mosques spreading radicalism to government workers: Official