Asian Games: Malaysia assured of gold medal for women's squash singles
Malaysia is assured of a gold medal in the women's squash singles here as it turned into an all-Malaysian final at the Asian Games.
Defending champion Datuk Nicol David will take on debutant S. Sivasangari in the final at the Gelora Bung Karno Squash Stadium on Sunday (Aug 26).
Nicol swatted aside India's Dipika Palikal 3-0 in the semifinals of the women's singles. She was in a ruthless mood as she downed Dipika 11-7,11-9,11-6 in 32 minutes.
Meanwhile, Sivasangari showed nerves of steel as she beat Joshna Chinnapa of India 12-10, 11-6, 9-11, 11-7 to march into the final.
This article appeared on The Star newspaper website, which is a member of Asia News Network and a media partner of The Jakarta Post
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- New bombshell revives debate on Trump fitness for office
- Truck full of bodies draws Mexicans searching for relatives
- Top Muhammadiyah figure resigns as Jokowi’s special envoy
- Trump outburst over Kavanaugh's female accuser sparks hashtag trend
- First to red planet will become Martians: Canada astronaut
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- China's bullet trains are coming for Hong Kong's airlines