Asian Games: Closing ceremony tickets now available
Gemma Holliani Cahya
The Jakarta Post
The Indonesian Asian Games Organizing Committee (INASGOC) has announced that sports fans could finally buy tickets for the closing ceremony – which will feature Indonesian singers Isyana Saraswati and Dira Sugandi, as well Korean-pop stars Super Junior and iKON – starting on Tuesday.
The second deputy of INASGOC, Francis Wanandi, told the media on Monday that around 52,000 tickets would be sold online at blibli.com, loket.com and tiket.com for Sunday’s closing ceremony.
The figure is significantly larger than for the opening ceremony, when around 40,000 seats were available – the remainder were covered and used as part of the massive stage.
Ticket prices for the closing ceremony range from Rp 500,000 (US$35) to Rp 2 million.
Wishnutama, creative director of the opening and closing ceremonies, who is also a cofounder and CEO of NET. Mediatama Televisi, conceded that the team faced several challenges.
“We had four months to build the stage for the opening ceremony. But for the closing ceremony we only have two days to build the stage in Gelora Bung Karno Stadium, because the track-and-field competition at the stadium will finish on [Thursday],” he said.
Wishnu added that the closing ceremony would be different from the opening ceremony, which highlighted the richness of Indonesia’s culture. The closing will display the diversity of Asian countries by showcasing the talents of top performers from across Asia.
Ultimately, it aims to celebrate and honor the athletes who competed in the Games, he added.
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- Flights not yet affected by Mt. Anak Krakatau eruption, authorities say
- Journalist murdered in Mexico, ninth of 2018
- Huawei gives free power banks to people queuing for new iPhone
- Nike-Kaepernick: A marriage of ideals?
- Brotherhood chief, 65 others get life for Egypt attack
- Death of Persija fan at hands of Persib hooligans sparks outrage