Asian Games: Huswatun earns host’s first boxing medal
Stefanno Reinard Sulaiman
The Jakarta Post
Indonesia’s Huswatun Hasanah lost to Thailand’s Sudaporn Seesonde 5-0 in their lightweight semifinal bout on Friday, but her effort means a lot to the host country as she will give it its first medal in the women’s boxing competition at the Asian Games.
She shared the bronze medal with Choe Hye-song of North Korea, who lost to neighbor Oh Yeon-ji of South Korea 5-0.
Huswatun blamed her defeat on her lack of familiarity with left-handed opponents, whom she had never met before the Friday’s match.
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- New bombshell revives debate on Trump fitness for office
- Truck full of bodies draws Mexicans searching for relatives
- Trump outburst over Kavanaugh's female accuser sparks hashtag trend
- Top Muhammadiyah figure resigns as Jokowi’s special envoy
- First to red planet will become Martians: Canada astronaut
- Police probe new drug rape claims against US doctor, girlfriend
- 'Cek Toko Sebelah' to be screened in Chinese cinemas
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world