Asian Games: Huswatun earns host’s first boxing medal
Stefanno Reinard Sulaiman
The Jakarta Post
Indonesia’s Huswatun Hasanah lost to Thailand’s Sudaporn Seesonde 5-0 in their lightweight semifinal bout on Friday, but her effort means a lot to the host country as she will give it its first medal in the women’s boxing competition at the Asian Games.
She shared the bronze medal with Choe Hye-song of North Korea, who lost to neighbor Oh Yeon-ji of South Korea 5-0.
Huswatun blamed her defeat on her lack of familiarity with left-handed opponents, whom she had never met before the Friday’s match.
- BLACKPINK’s Jennie sets records with ‘Solo’ videos
- A father’s love: Wiranto explains why his daughter wears niqab
- Jokowi won't grant Nuril amnesty
- Indonesia mosques spreading radicalism to government workers: Official
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- AirAsia to move international operations to Soekarno-Hatta airport Terminal 2
- 6 kg of garbage found in dead whale's stomach in Wakatobi
- Nissan’s Ghosn arrested over financial law violation
- Palm oil industry calls on govt to take 'firm' action against Greenpeace
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world