Police to monitor presidential campaign events
The Jakarta Post
The National Police have instructed their intelligence and security directors at the provincial level to monitor the declaration of presidential candidate campaign events using hashtags as themes.
Police spokesman Insp. Gen. Setyo Wasisto confirmed the instruction signed by the National Police Security Intelligence Agency's head, Com. Gen. Lutfi Lubihanto.
The police will monitor four events using the hashtags #2019GantiPresiden (change the president), #2019TetapJokowi (Jokowi remains), #Jokowi2Periode (Jokowi two terms) and #2019PrabowoPresiden (president Prabowo), according to the instruction.
Organizers of the events are required to submit a written notification and fulfill prerequisites to hold their events, tempo.co reported on Monday.
Police personnel have also been instructed to identify any potential conflicts and to be more careful in issuing permits for such activities. (sau)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- Passenger demands window seat, gets amusing response from flight attendant
- 21 companies to relocate factories from Karawang over high wages
- Macron the latest US ally insulted by Trump