Police to monitor presidential campaign events
The Jakarta Post
The National Police have instructed their intelligence and security directors at the provincial level to monitor the declaration of presidential candidate campaign events using hashtags as themes.
Police spokesman Insp. Gen. Setyo Wasisto confirmed the instruction signed by the National Police Security Intelligence Agency's head, Com. Gen. Lutfi Lubihanto.
The police will monitor four events using the hashtags #2019GantiPresiden (change the president), #2019TetapJokowi (Jokowi remains), #Jokowi2Periode (Jokowi two terms) and #2019PrabowoPresiden (president Prabowo), according to the instruction.
Organizers of the events are required to submit a written notification and fulfill prerequisites to hold their events, tempo.co reported on Monday.
Police personnel have also been instructed to identify any potential conflicts and to be more careful in issuing permits for such activities. (sau)
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- New bombshell revives debate on Trump fitness for office
- Truck full of bodies draws Mexicans searching for relatives
- Top Muhammadiyah figure resigns as Jokowi’s special envoy
- Trump outburst over Kavanaugh's female accuser sparks hashtag trend
- First to red planet will become Martians: Canada astronaut
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- China's bullet trains are coming for Hong Kong's airlines