Jakarta to increase political party funding
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta administration announced it would almost triple political party funding to Rp 5.3 billion (US$457,000) in this year’s revised regional budget, from Rp 1.8 billion previously.
The increase was based on Government Regulation No. 1/2018 on changes to political party funding, issued on Jan. 4, which stipulates that provincial administrations should increase yearly political funding from Rp 410 per vote to Rp 1,200 per vote.
For Jakarta, this means the Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle (PDI-P) — the largest party in the City Council — will receive Rp 1.4 billion for 1.2 million votes, the Gerindra Party Rp 710 million for 592,000 votes and Golkar Rp 451 million for 376,000 votes.
Meanwhile, the Democratic Party will receive Rp 433 million for 361,000 votes, the United Development Party (PPP) Rp 543 million for 452,000 votes and the Prosperous Justice Party (PKS) Rp 509 million for 424,000 votes.
The Hanura Party will receive Rp 428 million for 357,000 votes, the National Awakening Party (PKB) Rp 312 million for 260,000 votes, NasDem Rp 247 million for 206,000 votes and the National Mandate Party (PAN) Rp 207 million for 172,000 votes.
The Jakarta Legislative Council's Committee A, which oversees governance, accepted the increase on Thursday and will forward it in the revised budget.
“So we will just add the difference to last year’s fund, which hasn’t been disbursed yet,” said Commission A secretary Syarief at the Jakarta Council building as reported by kompas.com. (nor)
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- Creator of 3-D printed guns flies to Taiwan amid US sex assault accusation
- Balinale set to return with award-winning movies, guests
- Malaysia ex-PM faces 21 new charges over 1MDB scandal
- BMKG warns of heavy rains, high waves as Typhoon Mangkhut ends
- 'Asia Sentinel' apologizes to Yudhoyono, Dems
- Five destinations to be developed into one geopark
- Indonesians ready to embrace cashless future
- Tourism Ministry declares five dishes national food
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world