Ex-Garuda boss appointed as Pertamina's finance director
The Jakarta Post
The newly replaced president director of flag carrier Garuda Indonesia, Pahala Nugraha Mansyuri, has been appointed as the finance director of state-owned oil and gas holding company Pertamina at an extraordinary shareholders meeting on Thursday.
Pahala was replaced as Garuda Indonesia president by I Gusti Ngurah Ashkara “Ari” Danadiputra during a shareholders meeting the day before.
Pahala replaces Arief Budiman, who had been the Pertamina finance director since 2015.
“Rotations within state-owned enterprises (SOEs) are common refresher [measures]. We do it based on individual abilities,” Fajar Harry Sampurno, the mining, strategic industries and media affairs undersecretary at the SOE Ministry, said on Thursday in a statement.
“The reasons for replacing [members] on the executive boards of SOEs are to meet the enterprise's needs in facing [current] challenges,” he added.
Pahala is a graduate of the University of Indonesia (UI) Business School and was appointed the Garuda Indonesia president director in April 2017. He has an MBA in finance from the New York University Leonard N. Stern School of Business.
Also during the Pertamina shareholders meeting, Ignatius Tallumbang was appointed as the megaprojects and petrochemicals director, replacing Heru Setiawan.
Ignasius has been working at Pertamina for 24 years and has held several important positions, including the refining projects vice president, and is a commissioner of PT Pertamina Lubricants.
Heru was appointed as the investment planning and risk management director, replacing Gigih Prakoso, while Gigih was appointed as president director of gas subholding company PT Perusahaan Gas Negara (PGN). (bbn)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- No nutrients lost in rendang despite long cooking period, research says
- Bali authority denies report on JE viral infection outbreak
- Basarnas ends search for Lion Air crash victims
- Anti-LGBT sentiment rises ahead of elections
- Lion Air crash: 'I’m sure dad could swim his way out and survive the crash'
- Singapore Airlines to move to Soekarno-Hatta airport Terminal 3
- When Jokowi’s ‘other women’ let their hair down
- 5 ways to increase your lung capacity