Indonesia takes part in top French tourist fair to boost arrivals
The Jakarta Post
Indonesia will take part in IFTM Top Resa 2018 – one of the world`s biggest tourism bourses in France -- from Sept. 25 to 28, at the Porte de Versailles, to boost tourist arrivals from the country.
The Tourism Ministry`s marketing undersecretary, Nia Niscaya, said on Monday in London that the event would involve 21 tourism operators from Jakarta, Semarang, Bali and Flores.
The ministry had also involved tourism agencies in Gorontalo and West Sumba regency in East Nusa Tenggara, as well as Singapore Airlines as its partner.
IFTM Top Resa provides opportunities for tourism stakeholders -- travel agents, hoteliers and airlines -- to develop new business relations with their counterparts in other countries, said the official as reported by Antara news agency.
Nia said the selection of Indonesia as a country of honor would improve brand awareness and media exposure to help promote Indonesian tourism.
Indonesia welcomed 250,921 French tourists in 2016 and 268,989 in 2017. It is expected to receive 290,000 tourists this year.
Britain, France, Germany, the Netherlands and Russia are the top five European markets for the Indonesian tourist industry. (bbn)
- Japan to offer e-visa to tourists starting April 2020
- IMF chief postpones Middle East trip with Saudi stop
- For the sake of integrity
- Indonesia’s competitiveness improves, but still well below Singapore, Malaysia
- Movie star Chow Yun-fat to give entire fortune to charity
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Arsonist sentenced to 24 years for Texas mosque burning
- Fan Bingbing spotted for first time in months, outside Beijing airport
- Lippo Group executive arrested in Meikarta bribery case
- Meikarta graft case: KPK searches residence of Lippo Group CEO James Riady