INAPGOC to give free tickets to 15,000 students
The Jakarta Post
The Indonesia Asian Para Games Organizing Committee (INAPGOC) will provide 15,000 free tickets for school students in Jakarta.
“The tickets will be given to students with hearing and speech impairments and mild disabilities,” acting head of the Jakarta Education Agency Bowo Irianto said Thursday as quoted by tempo.co.
The tickets will only be given to them because the transportation agency can't provide disabled-friendly buses, Bowo said.
He added the education agency is now checking the capacity of each venue to accommodate the students.
The transportation agency will support the program by providing buses for the students, Bowo said.
He added that INAPGOC planned to provide more free tickets for students with disabilities.
The Asian Para Games will take place from Oct. 8 to 16 in Jakarta. Around 3,000 disabled athletes from 41 countries in Asia will take part in the event. (cal)
- West Jakarta early childhood school dismantled in front of students
- Indonesia attracts buyers at Hamburg COTECA trade expo
- Saudi Arabia's foreign minister to visit Indonesia
- In China's Catholic heartland, Vatican deal brings Communist Party closer
- Saudi Arabia admits Khashoggi killed in Istanbul consulate
- Nudist beach surfer punches shark to escape attack
- Three expat teachers detained in Balikpapan for visa violations
- Meikarta graft case: KPK searches residence of Lippo Group CEO James Riady
- The other side of Korea: Art, food and history
- US 'saddened' Saudi journalist dead, no mention of action