Pertamina announces fuel price hike
The Jakarta Post
State-owned oil and gas holding company Pertamina has announced a price increase for several types of non-public service obligation (PSO) fuels, which will take effect at 11 a.m. on Wednesday.
However, the firm has assured that it would maintain fuel prices in the disaster-stricken areas of West Nus Tenggara and Central Sulawesi.
The new policy will impact Pertamax-branded gasoline, Dex biodiesel and non-PSO Biosolar diesel.
Prices for PSO Premium-branded gasoline, PSO Biosolar diesel fuel, PSO-Biosolar diesel fuel and Pertalite gasoline will remain unchanged.
The increase was the result of rising global crude oil prices, which reached an average of US$80 per barrel, according to a statement issued by Pertamina on Wednesday.
The company added that the move was based on a ministerial regulation on the calculation of retail fuel prices.
Under the new policy, the new price for Pertamax in Jakarta is Rp 10,400 per liter, Pertamax Turbo Rp 12,250 per liter, Dex is now at 11,850 per liter, Dexlite 10,500 per liter and Non-PSO Biosolar is now Rp 9,800 per liter.
A complete list of fuel prices in other regions is available on Pertamina’s official website: Pertamina.com/id/news-room/announcement/. (bbn)
- Seoul Fashion Week ready for kickoff
- 17 missing students in North Sumatra flood rescued
- NTT to move immigrants to island near Australia
- Lewinsky affair not an abuse of power, says Hillary Clinton
- US wants "regime change" in Iran: Rouhani
- KPK urged to be resolute in solving IndonesiaLeaks report case
- The warning signs get stronger
- Delayed school entry good for mental health: Study
- #UninstallGojek trends after executive shows support for LGBT community
- Erdogan, Saudi king discuss case of missing journalist: Turkish presidency