Jakarta Arts Council and Jakarta Academy to be restructured
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Arts Council (DKJ) and Jakarta Academy are going to be restructured soon as a part of Taman Ismail Marzuki (TIM) revitalization program, Jakarta Culture and Tourism Agency acting head, Asiantoro, has said.
“The revitalization is not only going to be about physical renovation, but also institutional renovation,” Asiantoro said on Monday as quoted by kompas.com.
He said the TIM revitalization team would be led by the assistant to Jakarta’s secretary overseeing economy and financial issues. Within the team, there are several established artists who will carry out the program, such as Arie Batubara, Arsono, Hidayat LPD, Yusuf Susilo Hartono and Mohamad Chozin.
Asiantoro said the DKJ has a consultative role in the Jakarta arts and culture scene as well as a lot of sway in the Jakarta administration. (gis)
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- 22 migrants missing off Morocco after boat capsizes
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- Republican urges conservatives to run against Trump in 2020
- Trump says doesn't want to hear 'suffering' Khashoggi tape
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- Political parties clash over sharia-based bylaws
- Your next Uber ride may have a minifridge stocked with snacks
- Indonesia launches 16th economic package
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw