8,000 sandbags prepared for flood mitigation in North Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
The North Jakarta Water Resource Agency (SDA) has prepared 8,000 sandbags for flood mitigation during the rainy season.
The head of the agency, Santo, said on Wednesday that the sandbags would be distributed to six districts in the municipality.
“Each district will get 1,000 sandbags. There are six districts in North Jakarta,” Santo said as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
The remaining 2,000 sandbags would be stored at the water management agency's office as a backup supply.
“If the districts need more, they can get the supply here,” he said.
Santo said the sandbags could be an emergency solution for broken dams or waterways.
“This is a temporary solution, only for the short term, so if there is any leakage, the water would not reach the people’s housing areas,” he said. (gis)
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Semen Indonesia acquires Holcim Indonesia
- Palm oil waste-fueled generators produce electricity in Kutai
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Bank Indonesia hikes rate to 6 percent
- Lion Air passengers change planes because of broken AC