Jokowi wants to see Guns N' Roses 'in this lifetime'
Marguerite Afra Sapiie
The Jakarta Post
President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo has said that he wants to attend American rock band Guns N’ Roses "Not in This Lifetime" Jakarta concert, which is set for Thursday at the Gelora Bung Karno (GBK) main stadium.
Jokowi, known to be a big fan of the band, added that he would have to decide at the last minute, as he needed to weigh his tight daily schedule against going to the concert.
"[My decision] will be made on the spot, which means that I might or might not [attend the concert]," Jokowi told reporters on Thursday, "If I have a little bit of free time, of course I want to watch [Guns N' Roses]."
When asked about his favorite songs by the band, Jokowi said it was "Sweet Child O' Mine".
The song is considered by many to be one of the band's best hits, ever since Guns N' Roses’ took the world by storm in the late 1980s.
Jokowi has seen the band perform live in Jakarta in 2012, when he was the Jakarta governor.
The Guns N' Roses kicks off its "Not in This Lifetime" tour in Asia on Thursday. The tour is expected to be extra special for fans, because lead guitarist Saul “Slash” Hudson and bassist Duff McKagan are taking the stage with Axl Rose and Dizzy Reed for the first time since 1993's "Use Your Illusion" tour. (ipa)
- Transgender people assaulted by dozens of men in Bekasi
- A father’s love: Wiranto explains why his daughter wears niqab
- Ed Sheeran on BTS: ‘I think they are great’
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- Foreign investors allowed to own 100% shares in 25 business units
- 6 kg of garbage found in dead whale's stomach in Wakatobi
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Whale shark seen in Jakarta Bay
- Crown prince a 'red line' in Khashoggi probe: Saudi FM
- BLACKPINK’s Jennie sets records with ‘Solo’ videos