US Embassy in Manila denies existence of ‘blueprint’ to oust Duterte
Ed Margareth Barahan
Philippines Daily Inquirer/ANN
The US Embassy in the Philippines on Wednesday denied the existence of a “blueprint” to oust President Rodrigo Duterte from power.
In a report on Tuesday by the Manila Times, former US Ambassador to the Philippines Philip Goldberg allegedly left a “blueprint” for Duterte’s ouster or a “recommendation to the US state department for the removal of the Philippine President from office.”
Manila press attaché Molly Koscina in response to the report said the US Embassy “categorically denies” the claims in the said article.
In a statement, Koscina said the US-Philippine relationship was broad and the alliance between the two countries was “one of the most enduring and important relationships in the Asia Pacific region” and it was built on “shared sacrifices for democracy and human rights and strong people-to-people and societal ties.”
“We continue to focus on our broad relationship with the Philippines, and will work together in the many areas of mutual interest to improve the livelihoods of the Philippine people and uphold our shared democratic values,” Koscina said.
The US state department has earlier denied its participation in any plans to oust Duterte.This article appeared on the Philippine Daily Inquirer newspaper website, which is a member of Asia News Network and a media partner of The Jakarta Post
You might also like :
- Locals traumatized after farmer eaten by snake
- Apple’s first R&D center to operate in second quarter
- Riau Police dispatch personnel to secure 313 rally
- Money, personal grudge thought to be behind murder of Medan journalist
- KPU Jakarta head denies special relationship with Anies
- Thousands to hit capital for anti-Ahok rally on Friday
- Woman tries to bring bayonet into courtroom for Ahok trial
- Indonesia strengthens aerial reconnaissance for maritime security
- Indonesia-European trade talks on track; to conclude this year
- CLFD to launch maiden real estate project in Indonesia