Duterte order: Indonesian, Malaysian troops free to enter PH
Frinston Lim and Allan Nawal
Philippine Daily Inquirer/ANN
Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte on Saturday said Indonesian and Malaysian troops were free to enter the Philippines in pursuit of terrorists.
Speaking to reporters upon his arrival from a state visit to India, the President said all Jakarta and Kuala Lumpur should do was inform the Armed Forces of the Philippines about operations to hunt down terrorists in Philippine territory.
“I will allow troops of Indonesia and Malaysia to come in,” the President said.
He said Philippine soldiers would be willing to join the operations.
“We can be of assistance,” Duterte said.
He said he had already informed his Indonesian and Malaysian counterparts about allowing their troops into Philippine territory in pursuit of terrorists.
“I said if it’s terrorist, my advice to them is just blow them up,” the President said . “Blow them up,” he said.He said he had run out of patience with terrorism, especially that of Abu Sayyaf.
- Asian Games: Poor ticket handling after spectacular opening
- Muslim couple denied Swiss citizenship over handshake refusal
- Strong earthquake hits off Fiji, no tsunami threat
- Twitter erupts as Asian Games opening ceremony praised by netizens
- BREAKING: Another 7-magnitude quake hits Lombok
- Jokowi opens Asian Games in dazzling ceremony
- Indonesia denies reports on Jakarta's air pollution during Asian Games
- Aftershocks hit Lombok, cause landslides on Mt. Rinjani
- Asian Games: Volunteers feel opening hype outside venue
- Ratoh Jaroe dance and the fast-changing costume mystery