Bali's Sindhu Market most 'trending' attraction in Southeast Asia
The Jakarta Post
Bali's Sindhu Market in Sanur ranked first on a list of top trending attraction in Southeast Asia announced by travel website TripAdvisor on Monday.
The list was created based on the Attraction Trend Index that is determined by the increase in travelers' interest of each destination between September and October. The Sindhu Market placed first with a traffic increase of 242 percent, followed by the Nacpan Beach in El Nido, the Philippines, in second with 218 percent.
TripAdvisor Asia Pacific communications director Janice Lee Fang notes that the index “reveals the diverse mix of sites and activities in Southeast Asia” that are growing with more travelers moving around the region. (mra/kes)
(Read also: Marveling at Le Mayeur's muse at his Bali museum)
Below are the top 10 trending attractions in Southeast Asia according to TripAdvisor:
1. Sindhu Market, Bali, Indonesia - 242 percent
Tourists can join a sunrise cycling tour in Sanur for S$76 (US$54) per person and shop in the Sindhu Market selling local delights, fresh produce and souvenirs.
2. Nacpan Beach, El Nido, Philippines - 218 percent
As the 2nd best beach on this year’s Traveler’s Choice awards by TripAdvisor, the Nacpan Beach strikes as a more “tourist-less” beach as it more suitable for those who seek tranquility and isolation.
3. Nguyen Hue Street, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam - 181 percent
Only open during nighttime, Ngyuyen Hue Street is accessible solely for pedestrians, in which tourists can join a walking street food tour with a local guide to enjoy a showcase of parades, music, dance and culinary.
4. Pinto Art Museum, Antipolo City, Philippines - 149 percent
TripAdvisor users have named this museum “instagram-worthy” due to its complex of six great storytelling gallery spaces that houses a charming collection of local contemporary art by renowned Filipino artists.
5. Nong Nooch Tropical Botanical Garden, Pattaya, Thailand - 147 percent
With over 20 themed gardens, the Nong Nooch Beach is best to be enjoyed through a tour of the gardens followed by a local lunch and a traditional Thai cultural show for S$55 per person.
6. Bua Thong Waterfalls or Nam Phu Chet Si, Chiang Mai, Thailand - 137 percent
Adventure seekers can zip-line over five kilometers through the rainforest, three sky bridges and two rappel descents whilst admiring the beauty of the Bua Thong Waterfalls as well as the aerial view of the forest around, all at S$165 per person.
7. Gili Meno Beach, West Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia - 136 percent
Travelers who seek a fun honeymoon experience can look into this beach, as snorkelling tours of the Gili Meno and its two neighboring islands can be booked for S$110 per person.
8. Cartoon Network Amazone, Jomtien Beach, Thailand - 121 percent
Families will be in content after visiting the world’s first Cartoon Network-themed water park in Jomtien Beach Thailand as it offers 10 entertainment zones, over 30 water rides and the world’s largest aqua play land. Tickets are sold at S$52 for Thais and S$64 for tourists, all for a day.
9. Monkey Hill, Phuket Town, Thailand - 117 percent
Visitors to Monkey Hill, who will be accompanied by macaques when climbing up the Phuket’s highest peak, would be left astounded when seeing bird’s eye view of the town from the summit. The whole experience of exploring Phuket town can be rounded off with a city tour at S$12 per person.
10. Krabi Weekend Night Market, Krabi Town, Thailand - 116 percent
Offering a range of Thai curries, snacks, and even souvenirs, the Krabi Night Market also provides sunset island tour through the “Phallus Shrine Crave” and underwater reefs that costs S$47 per person.
You might also like :
- Soekarno-Hatta Airport to implement cashless transactions for parking
- Popular tourist sites in Bali safe amid tremors around Mount Agung
- Entrepreneur wants to put Indonesia on the world technology map
- 'Super malaria' spreading through SE Asia, poses global threat
- Bill Gates expresses regret over ‘Control+Alt+Delete’ button
- Court dismisses KPK’s objection in Setya’s pretrial hearing
- Tourism minister officiates new diving center in Tanjung Lesung
- Car Free Day ineffective in reducing air pollution: Committee
- Violence cases against women, children in Jambi increased: Official
- A L'Oreal heiress is now the world's richest woman